Protect your Property

Protecting your home or investment property is vital, and at Anderson Scott we aim to find exactly the right policy to safeguard against any eventuality.

Whether it’s the home you live in, a holiday home by the coast or a buy-to-let investment, we’ll use our panel of hand-picked, reputable providers to give you a policy that’s tailored to your specific needs.

Making sense of a complex market

The insurance market is crowded and there are scores of different options to choose from. Making sense of what’s available isn’t always straightforward and terms vary from insurer to insurer.

You’ll need to consider the extent of cover needed, the excesses and exclusions, the settlement terms (new for old, or fair market value), the no-claims discounts, the cover for goods taken out of the home and the definition of valuables that may need separate cover.

It’s about meeting your personal requirements, so that while everyone else is filling out forms on a comparison website to find generic cover, you’re getting access to specialist policies that most closely mirror your needs.

View our Google Reviews

We’ll sort it out

If you’re buying property as an investment, and particularly if you intend to let it on a long-term basis, having the right insurance product to protect it is vital.

Homeowners’ insurance is not the right type of insurance for a tenanted property or a property that is empty for long periods of time, and it’s highly unlikely that any loss would be covered by the insurer.

Insurance companies take the view that a tenant is less inclined to maintain the property to the standard of the owner, increasing the risk associated with insuring it, so it’s essential to have specialist insurance covering eventualities that a standard homeowner policy would exclude.

Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home or property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. You may be charged a fee for mortgage advice. The precise amount will depend on your circumstances but we estimate it will be £399.00.

Some forms of Buy to Let Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

Talk to a member of the team about insuring your property, whatever its purpose.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt